The possibilities are endless at Eldron Cottage….
- This charming, much loved detached family home comes to the market for sale offering a unique and welcomed addition to the local property market
- Set on 3.7 acres this property certainly has room to live the good life, with ample room for pets of all sizes
- The setting of this property is truly outstanding, with a tree lined and gated entrance, mature gardens, courtyard and two orchards
- Traditional farm outbuildings are positioned on the courtyard at the rear of the property, which could be suitable for a number of uses, from stables to a home office
- The lands surround the property offer privacy to the occupant, they are also general level in profile, allowing them to be easily accessed and used
- Although the property has been upgraded to a high standard and is ready to move into, it still allows the new owners to put an individual stamp on the property
- The property boasts 2 feature wood burning stoves
- The kitchen enjoys dual window frontage to the front and rear of the property
- 2 Windows feature on the first floor landing, which allows light to flood through the property on each side
- The accommodation is laid out in well-proportioned rooms both at ground and 1st floor level
- The property benefits from a dual heating system, with a high efficiency grant condensing oil boiler and automatic change over system to a 30Kw solid fuel stove, supplying a dual zone radiator system
- Double glazed windows and doors have been fitted throughout
- White 4 panel doors with chrome handles are also fitted throughout, some with the addition of glass
- The property has been dry lined and insulated throughout (completed in 2015)
- A rewire was completed in 2015, which includes Cat 5 and TV cabling and low energy and LED lighting in all rooms
- The property further benefits from a monitored intruder alarm system
- A complete re paint was completed externally in 2014 and internally in 2016
Eldron Cottage was originally a thatched cottage construction and is thought to have been constructed in the late eighteenth century.
Once the residence of the local Doctor ‘Dr Elliott’, which features heavily in the book ‘Eleven Houses’ A memoir of Childhood by Christopher Fitsimmons.
The property was extensively renovated and a second storey built on in 1960. The property was then recently refurbished and modernised again in 2015 by the current owners.
Entrance Hall 3.739 x 3.121
Original period feature tiled floor offers elegance to this impressive hallway.
The large window allows the option to sit and enjoy the morning sun.
Living Room 5.291 x 3.558
Located in the heart of the house, this room is situated off the kitchen and is a warm snug room.
Quality vinyl floor covering, 30Kw sold fuel stove. Access from utility room and front hallway.
Kitchen 6.425 x 3.172
Large kitchen/diner, with views over the front garden and rear courtyard. Country style low and high level units.
Tiled floor covering. Access via door from hallway and door from living room.
Utility 1.504 x 3.215
Plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer.
Quality vinyl floor covering.
Family Room 4.415 x 3.271
Bright family room with 2 windows and wood burning stove.
Quality laminate floor covering.
Sitting Room 4.415 x 3.062
Located off the Family room, this room benefits from an impressive high ceiling (2.835m), beautiful coving and a door leading directly onto the mature gardens. Quality laminate floor covering.
Landing 6.954 x 1.942 + 2.123 x 1.797
Spacious and bright landing, with dual window aspect to front and rear.
Bedroom 1 3.707 x 4.601
Double bedroom, with 2 windows. Opportunity to install an en-suite facility.
TV and Phone points.
Bedroom 2 3.828 x 3.336
Double bedroom. TV and Phone points.
Bedroom 3 3.365 x 2.969
Double bedroom. TV and Phone points
Bedroom 4 2.074 x 2.892
Single bedroom. TV and Phone points
Bathroom 2.043 x 2.030
3 Piece suite, w.c, w.h.b, bath, electric shower over bath.
Tiled floor, tiled splash back around bath with feature mosaic brick tile.
From Monaghan take the N54/Clones Road out of town. Continue for approx. 9km heading for Smithborough village.
At the cross roads just before the village, turn right onto the Scotstown Road (L2160), continue over the bridge and the property is located on the right hand side. (Grey entrance gates).
The location could not be more convenient, located approx. 650m from Smithborough village, 9km from Monaghan town, 10.8km from Clones, 7km from Rosslea and 5.2km from the border with Northern Ireland.
Viewing by appointment with Smyth Property, sole selling agent. Call us on 047 71454.